Hey all! I’m linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. If you don’t know, this is where you post 5 random things you did during the week.
1. Have you heard about Donor’s Choose? If not, it is a wonderful program that allows educators to write grants and collect money for their projects. After approval from the Donor’s Choose team, people can donate money to your project. At the beginning of the year I wrote a grant to get an easel and math manipulatives.
A couple of months later, I was informed that my project was funded! A couple of weeks ago I was informed that next year we will be drastically cutting our copier/toner budget. (Yikes!) So posted a grant to try to get an I-Pad in my classroom but I am also searching for other ways to cut down on my paper consumption. Any ideas? I have looked into using math/reading spiral notebooks but I’m not really sure how it works. Does anyone use these in their classrooms?
2. I have been a little late on my spring centers but it has not felt like spring around here at all. Plus, we won’t be diving into the centers until after we come back from Spring Break.
3. We made these adorable umbrellas and Spring poems.
4. We have been getting hit with snow. For Washington at the end of March that is an odd occurrence. This is what I wish I was doing today.
5. I officially have 3 days and 25 parent/teacher conferences before Spring Break. I am SO close.
Have a good weekend!