Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Five for Friday...on a Saturday


Hello all! I'm a day late for the weekly Doodle Bugs Five for Friday Linky Party. After Valentine's Day I was wiped out yesterday. I was asleep by 8:00 last night, so unfortunately I didn't get to my blog. Better late than never, right? In case you don’t know, Five for Friday Linky Party is when you post 5 random things that happened during your week.


1.   I was able to finish my literacy unit on Fossils just in time to start our new unit! I posted it on Teachers Pay Teachers earlier this week.

 

2.   On Valentine’s Day my students were on sugar overload. There were so many sweets. My entire classroom even smelled like sugar.

 

3.   I posted 2 freebies this week! Click on the pictures to take a look.

Graphics: Scrappin Doodles

Graphics: KPM Doodles
 

4.   I tried to fit in some President’s Day things this week among the sugar. I got this great packet from A Cupcake for Teacher. We will finish working on our packet next week.

 

5.   I had bags and bags of those conversation hearts with the intention of doing a graphing and sorting activity on Valentine’s Day. Well, we didn’t get to it because we ran out of time. I absolutely HATE those hearts. I think they taste like chalk. So I knew I didn’t want to be stuck with all those bags for year. (Plus who has that kind of space to waste on storage?) We had Valentine’s Day party part 2 on Friday. I got through most of the bags. Yeah! Next year I will know to buy fewer bags.

 

Have a good weekend. Do you have Monday off? What are your plans?

Krystyn

3 comments:

  1. Kuddos to you! I didn't get to any President's Day fun. I am looking forward to Monday off though!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We barely scratched the surface. Hopefully we can finish up this week.

      Krystyn

      Delete
  2. I love the candy heart idea. I am not fond of them either. I am currently in a doctor's waiting room trying to stay awake. Unfortunately even though I don't have class, I have a technology plan to write up for class by Saturday and the PRAXIS to study for.

    Denise
    http://dreamsofaeducator.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete