I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week 2013. I am so excited to be participating this year. This is my first time joining in.
Today the topic is all about ME! Don't forget to link up with Blog Hoppin to read all about your favorite bloggers. I am loving reading all about the people behind the blogs I love so much.
1. I grew up in the wonderful state of Washington and I have lived here most of my live. Until I made the random decision to fly 3,000 miles across the United States to go to college at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. (Random, right?) In my defense, I was 18 and my boyfriend at the time was moving to Washington DC for college. Oh the decision we make when were young and in love. Haha
|Where I live now.|
|Katie and I.|
|My family before the game.|
|Can you see me? Haha|
4. This is only my 4th year of teaching. All my teaching has been in 2nd grade. I spent a year subbing before I was able to get my own classroom.
5. Speaking of my first teaching position....my 1st 2 years of teaching was in Forks, WA. For you Twilight fans, I did not see Edward or Jacob. However, I did see hundreds of people looking for them.
6. I have the best boyfriend in the world. While life is crazy with school he never looses his cool. It is really nice to have someone that is not fazed by all the craziness.
|Don't mind my half open eyes.|
8. I love reading mindless books to help me unwind. The cheesier (is that a word?) the better. After reading so many educational books for my Master's degree, it was really nice reading books where I didn't have to analysis every word and subtext.
|One of my favorite books. Too bad the movie was awful!|
10. Last but not least, I love to cook. My wonderful boyfriend has been doing most of the cooking lately but I love getting in there to make different recipes that caught my eye on Pinterest. I think my food board and my educational boards have the same amount of pins in them. Haha
That's it for me. I hope you enjoyed reading my post. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful bloggers out there at Blog Hoppin today and the rest of the week.