In happier news I am linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday.
1. This week I had my first training of the summer. All in all it was pretty interesting. My district is jumping all the way into the common core this next year. This training was supposed to help us teach students to analysis more complex text.
2. Did you get into Target to get this sweet deal? One of my co-workers told me about this deal. So I rushed into Target and bought a binder for all of my students. $.99 per binder! I have NEVER seen binders that cheap. I think the sale is on for a couple of more days if you haven't checked it out.
I will be using these binders as an organizational tool for my students. I absolutely hate those backpacks that are stuffed to the brim with papers. I'm hoping this will help to prevent this. (Fingers crossed.) Becca from Simply 2nd Resources has a wonderful blog post about how she organizes her binders.
|Becca's, from Simply 2nd Resources, binders|
3. Did you know I have a Facebook page? I recent added a couple of freebies on my Facebook page for people that like my page. If you are wondering how to set up your freebie button on your Facebook, The School Supply Addict Ashley Hughes has a great how-to video.
4. I made these adorable classroom job cards. They have chevron with the chalk font. I painstakingly printed, cut them apart, and laminated them only to find that I did not consider how big they would be.
I was planning on attaching the cards with a ribbon and hanging them on the wall like this post I found on Pinterest. Now it's back to the drawing board. (Ahh I hate when that happens.)
5. I am participating with Polka Dot Kinders for her 400 follower giveaway. Head on over there for the chance to win some pretty awesome prizes.
Also, the lovely Lacey from The Fabulous Life of an Elementary Teacher also has a humongous giveaway going on right now. She just posted her very first blog post and giveaway on her brand new blog. Head on over to send her some love and welcome her to the blogging world.
Enjoy your last couple of days, weeks, hours before school starts.