Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Noun Linky

Happy Monday!


I am linking up with LaToya at Flying into First Grade again for her "Let's Get Acquainted" Linky. This week she is asking we post our favorite nouns: a person, a place, a thing, and an animal.

Person: I'm going to cheat a little bit and say my family. I know they are more than one, but how can you just choose 1?
My brother and I.



Place: I love to travel so this was a hard one to choose. However, I have to say that my all time favorite place to be, is up in the Cascade Mountains. It is so peaceful and relaxing. It always makes me feel so small and that all of the stress in my life is not that important.


Thing: My favorite thing these days is my Kindle. When I am actually able to read for pleasure, I love to camp out on my couch and get lost in my favorite book.


Animal: I absolutely love wolves. I think they are a beautiful animal.


Last week, I posted that I had just subscribed for another Donor's Choose project to try to get an I-Pad in my class. Yesterday, I found out that my project was fully funded! I am over the moon with excitement. I'm not sure how I am going to wait the 3 weeks for it to get here.

Happy teaching!

7 comments:

  1. I love my Kindle TOO! :) I'm so glad to have found you through the linky! :) I love meeting new bloggers! :) I'm Tamara from Florida. I'm a first grade teacher. Washington state is one of five US states that I've not been to. I've heard it is SOOO beautiful! One day I'll get there...I absolutely LOVE travelling! :) Well...it was so nice to read about you! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures! :)

    Tamara Russell

    Mrs.Russell's Room
    First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I love living in Washington. I grew up here so I am used to the rain but some people find that to be a little depressing in the winter. The perfect time to be up here is in the summer because it usually doesn't get too hot.

      Krystyn

      Delete
  2. It's nice to get to know you! Congrats on getting your Donor's Choose project funded!!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really excited that I was funded so quickly. I thought I would have to wait until next year. I haven't told my students yet. They are going to be really excited also.

      Krystyn

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the iPad! Tell me more about your Donor's Choose project. We have a cart at school that we share, but I would love one for my classroom all of the time.

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donor's Choose is basically a non-profit company that allow educators to write grants for specific items. It can be anything school related from a fieldtrip to bugs for science. Anybody can log onto the website and donate any amount of money. Sometimes the Board of Directors at Donor's Choose will also match the amount that is donated to help get your project funded. It can be a bit time consuming to fill out all of the questions, but in the end it is worth it. The only catch is that you only have 5 months to get your project funded. If it is not funded in that amount of time, the money is returned to the donors. (I would suggest starting small.) As you get your projects funded, you get points. These points allow you to get different things funded. However it can also limit the items you can write a project for. For example, my ideal goal would be to get 4-6 I-pads so I can use them during small group activities but I only had enough points to get 1 I-pad. As I summit more projects I get more points. My suggestion would be to take a look around the site. If you are looking for an entire cart of I-Pads this route might not be the way to go until you have done other projects.

      Clear as mud? I hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

      Krystyn

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the iPad! I just found your blog through the linky. I'm a new follower.

    Katrina
    Teacher of Scholars

    ReplyDelete