Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Phew...I made it! And a Freebie!

Oy! What a day! Today was our first day back from Spring Break. Thank goodness it is over.

Have you heard of Class Dojo? I found out about this website last year. It is this wonderful online system that you can monitor from your phone or I-Pad. It is really easy to set up. All you need to do is input your class list and your class rules. As your students are following your class rules, they can earn points. At the end of the week, Class Dojo calculates the points for you and sends reports to their parents. I thought this would be a great way to inform my parents about their child's behavior.




(Rachel Lamb from The Tattooed Teacher has a wonderful tutorial about how to get started.) Last year, I couldn't figure out how to make it work in my classroom. The wireless was spotty and I didn't want to be tied to my computer to input the points. Fast forward a year later, I am in a new district and a better wireless system. I spent Spring Break trying to figure out how to incorporate this in my classroom. Then I get to school today AAANNNNDDDD no wireless Internet. No wireless Internet = No Classroom Dojo.  Darn the luck. Doesn't it always work that way? I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Today we started our new math unit on measurement. We measured different places in the classroom using our feet. One student measured and the other student counted.



We made a great anchor chart of words that remind us of measurement.



It is a little hard to see but we also started our new science unit on plants. We started off by talking about what plants need.


Then we planted alfalfa seeds. Take a look!


I kill ALL the plants I have ever owned. I am a little scared that these ones won't last much longer. I am keeping my fingers and toes together and hoping for the best.

Now for the freebie. I have been playing with trying to figure out how to use QR codes. This is my 1st attempt at making an activity with QR Codes. Download your very own copy here. I will be using these next week.

 

 
I also included the same activity without the QR Codes.

 

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Krystn,

    I love the Class Dojo app thanks so much for sharing. I am so glad I found you through Manic Monday.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete