Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Five for Friday (April 12)

Happy Friday! Whoohoo! Boy did this week go S-L-O-W! Who is ready for summer?

I am linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday. Here are my 5 random things about my week.


1. On Tuesday our wireless finally started working. (Check out this post for more information.) I introduced the Class Dojo to my students and explained how the system worked. They loved it! Especially changing their avatars. I have already had a couple of parents sign up for automatic weekly reports. I am sending paper copies from for the next couple of weeks until we get the hang of it.


2. We planted grass on Monday. We are 5 days in...so far so good. I haven't managed to kill any of them yet. I even have a couple of the seeds sprouting! (Phew...thank goodness.)


3. Here is a better picture of our gross worms. Aren't they HUGE? My students love looking in the terrarium and finding all the worms slithering around.


4. We have been using this wonderful plant unit from Lindsay at The Teacher's Wife along with our science kits. Here is one little plant crafts in the unit. (All the parts of the flower are labeled as well.)


5. Can you see me? I'm the one with the scarf. (Haha) I'll be one of these fans tomorrow when I go to the Seattle Sounders game. I can't wait.
 
 
Have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Class Dojo! Isn't it great! Your worms are actually really gross! Haha!
    I love your countdown to summer- except for the fact that I'm on the other side of the world so we're rapidly approaching winter and still have 3 terms of school (plus a week left of this term) to go until our summer (December!)
    And yes I agree that week went VERY slowly... I think because it's the end of the first term the kids are getting tired and grotty, I'm getting tired and grotty haha... seven more school days to go til a break! Woohoo!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned about Class Dojo yesterday and started it TODAY! How funny! I am in love with it. My kids were obsessed. Their behavior was fabulous all day. I haven't sent my parent stuff home yet, but I can't wait. I downloaded it on my phone and tablet so I can use it in the halls and at recess. GENIUS!

    It looks like we are working on a lot of the same things right now!

    So glad I found your blog though the link up!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear how you are using it. I'm still trying to encourage my parents to be more involved. I like how specific we can make the behavior. Then parents can see where their child is succeeding and where they are having a hard time.

      We will see how it goes next week.
      Krystyn

      Delete
  3. I hope it stops raining for the game tomorrow! We planted this week too!!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dabbled with ClassDojo last year and actually use it now full time instead of my old clip chart. I love it!

    It is a plant and worms time of year, huh! We are doing the same. Looks like fun.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krystyn! I love those worms! Just found your blog through HBBD, they designed my blog too! I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete