Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Tuesday that felt like a Monday

Oi Vey! Monday my school had the day off in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. When my kids came back to school yesterday, you would have thought that it was September all over again. I swear to goodness, my kiddo’s brains fell out over the weekend! Did anyone else feel like this too? On top of that, I’m getting sick. (Blah!) So I went to Pilates and plopped myself in front of the TV to watch The Big Bang Theory. (I love that show! Sheldon always makes me laugh.) Thankfully, today was WAY better!

Despite the continual reminders of the school and class rules, we were able to get a ton done. We have been working on a camouflage unit for the last couple of weeks in reading. This is one of my favorite units. This year I decided to tie in our writing by having my class research and write animal reports. I am not really sure how to go about doing it. I have 28 kids this year and there is just little ol’ me to try to manage, redirect, and support all of them. (Eeek! It makes me tired just thinking about it.) Ideally, each student would be able to type and illustrate their animal reports. However, as soon as we start to write, my little angels turn into spinning dervishes.

This about sums up how I feel about writing...haha.

Over the course of the year, we have been working on our writing stamina but they are still struggling with writing independently. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. How do you teach writing and research projects? Do you let the student’s pick their own topics or do you have topics preselected? How much time do you devote to writing each day? Thank you for all your feedback.

Happy Wednesday!

Krystyn

No comments:

Post a Comment