Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

October Currently

Hey all!

This is absolutely one of my favorite linkys by Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade. I figured I would take a short break in my paper writing to write this quick post.


Listening: Every Saturday and Sunday morning, NBC plays 3 English Premier games. My sweetie and I watch it with our morning coffee. Since I make him watch Project Runway and Grey's Anatomy I figured I can spend my weekends watching soccer.

Loving: Yesterday and today has been absolutely beautiful in the Pacific Northwest. It is sunny but just a little chilly so I can still wear scarves and boots.




Thinking: On Tuesday I have my cohort meeting for my National Boards. I am supposed to have 1 completed entry to turn in to them. (Eeeek!) I have about 4 pages to write to get there.

Wanting: Lately when I have had the chance, I have been reading some of those free books from Amazon. I don't even remember the title of the one that I am currently trying to read but I love how mindless it is. It is a perfect break from analyzing my teaching practices. I just need to make sure I don't get lost in it and spend hours reading instead of the other things I need to do.

Needing: Somehow I forgot to grab my lesson plans off my desk on Friday when I was packing up. I have to make a trip into school to grab them before I can start my lesson plans. Good thing I live close to school.

Trick: When you are getting ready to transition and you say "be ready by the time I get to...", skip count by different variables to keep your students paying attention. Lately I have been skip counting by 2's forward and backwards. It doesn't take long for my students to realize I am not counting by 1's and they get extra practice with skip counting.

That's all for me today. I'm going to go hide in my room to working on my National Boards.

1 comment:

  1. It does look beautiful there! I love the cool weather...and scarfs and boots! ;) Good luck with your 4 pages! It is hard to not get lost in a book instead...like I am posting to you instead of cleaning! ;)

    ReplyDelete