Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: Classroom Decor

Hello all!

I saw this fabulous linky from Courtney at Swimming into Second about the Top 10 things you would want for your dream classroom.


1. I-pads for each of my students.

I would love to have an I-pad for all my students. I have one that I was able to get with a Donor's Choose project. My students really love using it.

2. Chair Book Storage

I would love to have tables instead of individual desks. I feel like desks are black holes and everything gets lost in them no matter how hard I try to keep them organized.

3. Student Computers

I have one teacher computer in my classroom. We have a computer lab in our building but we have to split the time with our media teacher. So it makes it hard to get in to get anything finished.

4. Yoga ball
I love the idea of using the yoga balls instead of traditional chairs. It lets the students move around in their chairs without the risk of falling out.

5. Storage
I think every teacher wants more storage in their classroom. I know I am struggling to find room for all the things I have bought and created in my filing cabinet. Let alone all of the random items, like toilet paper rolls, I have saved because you never know when you will use them.

6. Scholastic News

I love all the non-fiction stories they publish and my students really enjoy reading them. Unfortunately we don't have money in our building budget this year to get them.

7. Books

I love getting books for my students. I always get really excited when my students discover books they really enjoy. I have to say this is one of my favorite parts of being a teacher.

Don't forget to link up with Courtney at Swimming into Second for your own Top 10 list.

Imagine from Anna Brantley.

5 comments:

  1. You have a great list! I have had seat sacks for years and I find them to be worth every penny! :)

    Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I got my Scholastic News magazines after doing a DonorsChoose project. They got funded pretty fast both years because the price isn't too high. They are awesome so maybe you could do that to get them. Thanks for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't think about doing a Donor's Choose for Scholastic News. That's a great idea! Thank you for sharing.

      Krystyn

      Delete
  3. I want everything on your list! I bring my personal Ipad and allow the students to use it and they love it.

    Meagan
    Oodles of Teaching Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. How do you have your students use your I-pad? I only have 1 I-pad too so I was just wondering how you let all the students have a chance to use it.

      Krystyn

      Delete