Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day!

I am not sure how it happened, but it has been a week since I last posted. (Ekkk!) I have been busy busy working on my Where the Green Grass Grows Plant Unit. We are knee deep in plants right now, so we are slowly working our way through the unit. (I'll post pictures tomorrow.) Here is a sneak peek of the unit.












Today was so C-R-A-Z-Y busy. We had the Mayor come in to read us a story about economics. My students were so good. (Thank goodness!) We also had volunteers come to our school today for Earth Day. We planted flowers and pumpkins in our garden. Here we are in action.




We didn't get to it today, but we will be doing this adorable Earth Day activity tomorrow. I got the idea from my co-worker.


We already brainstormed ways we could help the Earth. Students will be picking 3 things they think they can do. I picked: use my cloth grocery bag more, recycle, and turn off the lights. I am the worse about using my cloth grocery bag. I even have it in the car and I STILL forget to use it. My goal is to be better about bringing it with me.

This weekend I was able to enjoy some non-work related things. We went to the troll under the Aurora Bridge in Seattle. It is this random little statue under the bridge. I'm not really sure what the story is about the troll but I love finding these hidden treasures. It adds so much character to the city.


We also stopped by my brother's new house. Take a look at his door knocker! How cool does this look?



 Have a great week. What did you do for Earth Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment