Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Is It Really Thursday?


Phew! I’m not sure where the week went. I can’t believe it has been almost a week since I posted. Sorry I have been MIA. Here is the reason


We are going on a fieldtrip to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle! This is a HUGE undertaking. First the students are meeting us at the ferry. That is the quickest and cheapest way to get to Seattle from where we live. It takes an hour to cross over the Seattle. Then we have to hike from the ferry to the monorail. (Which is all uphill.) Finally we make it to the Science Center. Then we have to repeat it on the way back. (I’m tired just thinking about it!) I have been completely stressing all the details because this is the first time I have done this fieldtrip. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly. On happier news, my students are SO EXCITED! You would have thought I gave them the moon. Even the forecast calling for stormy weather hasn’t changed any of their excitement.

I also have been working on this unit.


The next theme in our reading curriculum is about courage and bravery. So far, I have Long vowel, R-controlled vowels, mixed-up sentences and synonym activities. I’m still putting finishing touches on it, including some craftivities. Any other concepts or ideas you would like to see included?


I hope all of you that are getting hit by the storms are staying safe and warm.


Enjoy your Friday!

Krystyn

No comments:

Post a Comment