Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

100th Day

Hello All!

Lately I have noticed that bloggerland is abuzz with ideas for the 100th Day of School. We started school a little late this year so we still have a little over a month before we reach the 100th day. However, this year my school is 100 years old at the end of month. The local newspaper wrote a short article about our upcoming celebration. I read the article to my kids and they were most amazed at all the things that were different 100 years ago. They especially liked how students used to have to go to the bathroom in outhouses. (Ewwww!!) Thank goodness we don't have to do that anymore.

Have you seen those adorable pictures that Lindsay from the Teacher Wife and Jenn from Finally in First posted of what the students will look like when they are 100? If you haven’t you should check them out. What a great idea! I immediately had my students make a portrait of themselves at 100. I also had them include 10 things they wanted to do before they turned 100. I was so surprised at some of the things they came up with!

I love these!



Ahh...I want to make a difference. That is so sweet.





Didn’t they turn out great? We are going to be opening the school for community members so I figured these would be perfect.

Do you have tomorrow off? I am looking forward to staying in my pajamas for another day. What are you looking forward to?

Krystyn

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found my blog and left a comment so that I could find YOU! I'm happy to be your newest follower. :) Welcome to blogging!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeneess

    ReplyDelete