Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

August Currently 2014

Where o' where did July go?  Is anyone else feeling that?

I am linking up with the wonderful Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her monthly Currently.


Listening: I love the Food Network. I'm pretty sure Chopped with my favorite show on that channel. Diners, Dive Ins, and Dives is a close 2nd. They also post all of the restaurants they visit on the Food Network website. Every time I am visiting a new city I check the list. It has some great suggestions but there is usually a line.

Loving and Wanting: It has been in the 80's in Seattle. (Say What?!) It has almost been too hot for my Pacific Northwest skin. Also, my new house gets pretty hot in the afternoon. Hence the cold drink. :)

Seattle
My front yard.
Thinking: We are in full on unpacking mode. I have been sharing some of the pictures on my Instagram account. @msrichardssmusings My wonderful boyfriend got talked into hanging curtain rods on his day off today.



Needing: My family has a bad tendency to get grumpy when we are hungry. My boyfriend calls it hangry. (I'm not sure where he got it, but I have heard it before.) The lovely Rachelle Smith from What the Teacher Wants and For Blogness' Sake posted this tank on her Facebook page the other day. This tank is perfect for me.

Tank is from Ruffles with Love
First day: Teachers have an inservice Sept 2nd and we have an all-school Open House after the inservice. Students start Sept 3rd. I still have a trip to Iceland in August before school starts for me. I can't wait!

Enjoy the rest of your summer (if you have any left) Don't forget to head over to Farley's blog to link up.


5 comments:

  1. hahah that tank :D

    Wow, you still have a month? When did you guys end?

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. We got out of school June 20th.This is a pretty common time of year to get out around here. They say it's because the weather doesn't really get nice up here until August. I'm not really sure if that still applies.

      Delete
  2. I am so envious of your schedule! We start back with meetings on Aug. 14th. Did you get out of school late? Our last day was June 6th.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great that you don't start back to school until after Labor Day. It used to be like that for us, but we start earlier and earlier every year. I go back on August 6th and students start on August 12th. Chopped is one of my favorite shows, too! We don't miss an episode. I visited Seattle last summer (we were there a few days before heading to White Rock in Canada). We really enjoyed the Pike Place Market. Enjoy your trip to Iceland!
    -Kim
    Curriculum and Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip to Iceland - that sounds amazing!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete