Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Open House, First Day Back, Five for Friday...oh my!

Phew! This week completely took it out of me. I forgot how tiring the first week back is. The sad part was we only had school 3 days this week. I am linky up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday.

One: I spend my Labor Day weekend driving across the state to go to my friend's wedding. It was beautiful. Take a peek at these adorable center pieces. All of them were different and had specific mementos about the couple's relationship.


Two: I finally was able to get my minions finished and up on my bulletin board. The parents and students that walked by my class LOVED the minions. One of my students from last year wanted to know where his name was. I had to gently explain that he was in a different class this year so he didn't have a minion. (Awww)

Three: On Tuesday we had our Open House. All the elementary schools have Open House on the same day in our district. I had about half of my parents and students show up. (Yeah!)

Four: I took pictures of my students with this cute little sign I made up to mark the first day of 2nd grade. I am not quite sure what I am going to do with them but I wanted to make sure I captured their first day.



Five: In spite of my exhaustion, I met up with my family to watch the USA vs Costa Rico soccer game. Even though we lost, we had a REALLY big tv to watch the game on.

I am off to try to plan my lessons for next week so I can try to go to sleep early tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Love you on instagram and now I'm following you here. I'm so LOVIN your welcome to 2nd grade frame. Super cute!!

    ((hugs))
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystyn,
    Love your Day 1 sign! Too cute.
    BTW..I haven't forgotten you regarding your Slant Box....have 4 of the 5 items...still pondering the 5th. Thanks for being soooo patient...hoping it will be worth the wait..even though it is a bit late.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No worries. It's the beginning of the school year. Everything is crazy.

      Krystyn

      Delete
  3. What a great idea for wedding centerpieces! I love how personal they are.

    Hope you had a nice and relaxing weekend!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete