Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Five for Friday (June 28)

Hey All! It's Friday! I have been officially out of school for a whole week. Ahh....so wonderful! I am linking up with Kacey at Doddle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.


One
I got out of school on Thursday and I immediately went to a conference 2 days later. My state offers a wonderful program called Jump Start for teachers that are in the process of getting their National Board Certificates. They jam all this great information on how to approach your National Boards into 4-days. As you can imagine, it ends up being 4 very LONG days but definitely worth the effort.



Day 1: Homework already.

Two
My conference was about 6 hours away from my house. Luckily I have a couple of friends in the area. After a full day of jamming my brain full of standards, assessments, and rubrics I was at least able to spend the evenings with my friends I haven't seen in a while. One of my friends just got this adorable kitten.

So cute!

Three
While I was at my conference I also found out there was a Hobby Lobby just down the road. Unfortunately there is not one by where I live. After going, I realized perhaps that was a good thing. I was barely able to contain myself. There were so many cute things there. I'll just have to plan a trip back so I can go again. 
I am planning on using some of this fabric to cover my bulletin boards. 
Four
I get to spend my summer going through a little light reading. Surprisingly I can't wait to get started. I have heard about some of the books from other teachers but I haven't had time to read the books yet. I'm excited to see how I can use them in my classroom next year.


Five
There are only 2 more days to enter my 100 follower giveaway. There are a TON of great prizes. Don't forget to enter. 


Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. A Hobby Lobby right next to a Michaels??? I would never leave! Sounds like you had a fun time away!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete